Thursday, March 1, 2012

Daddy's Story

This is my story.  Daddy's Story.  Here I sit after midnight faxing refinance mortgage loan documents and thinking about Kendall and Stephanie and Kristen and Drew....  It has been 2 weeks since the worst day of my life and I feel like I am just waiting for the real worst day of my life in 17 weeks, if not sooner.  This is supposed to be a happy time.  Stephanie can feel Kendall kicking but she is not able to kick strong enough yet for me to feel her.  I am the protector, provider, "fixer" but I can't fix this and it is frustrating.  Only God can "fix" it, but I do not know what His "fix" is yet and when I will understand it.

I have been able to work but it does not seem so important anymore.  IT work is not life or death.  Life or death is growing in Stephanie's tummy and only God's hand can touch her right now and make her stronger.

Stephanie has been great and I am so blessed to have her as a wife.  Her Faith is so strong and Kendall has already made my Faith stronger and made me a better father to Kristen and Drew.  However, normal two weeks ago will never be normal again.

We are starting to prepare for that day and we need all the prayers, support and love our family and friends can provide.

-Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment