Sunday, March 18, 2012

Beautiful Things

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7VOKQ0xJY

We sang this song at church this morning.  I usually like songs based on the beat and normally not the lyrics but once we found out about Kendall lyrics to songs have started to stand out for me.  This song today made me cry and I looked over at Stephanie and she was crying and I put my arm around her.  We did not talk to each other but had the same emotions.

I know God does not make mistakes and everybody has a purpose and Kendall will be beautiful and God and her are already making me new...but it still hurts. 

But God has blessed me with Kristen and Drew.  Kristen is my silly girl and she lights up a room and everyone around her.  When she takes me to a Daddy event at her preschool, all the other kids come up to her and tell their Dad's "there's Kristen", "hey Dad, that's Kristen", "Hi Kristen".  Drew is my laugher.  He wants everybody to laugh with him.  He wants to laugh all the time and wants to see everybody else around him laughing too.  I never would have guessed this with him because when he was a baby he never would even crack a smile.  I even remember asking Stephanie one night after I put him to bed if she thought he was happy.  Man, was I wrong.

-Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment