Thursday, June 14, 2012

Poem I Found

Forever in our Hearts

A million times we needed you,
A million times we cried,
If love alone would have saved you,
You would of never died.

In life we loved you dearly,
In death we love you still,
In our hearts you hold a place,
No one can ever fill.

A light from our household is gone,
A voice from our love is stilled,
A place in our vacant home,
Which never can be filled.
Some may think you are forgotten,
Though on earth you are no more,
But in our memory you are with us,
As you always were before.

It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you did not go alone,
A part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.

Your precious memories are for keepsakes,
with which we never part,
God has you safely in his keeping,
But we have you forever in our hearts

 

 

Update (June 25): We've known that we had a four word phrase that we could put Kendall's marker for a while (more words, more money). And I told Kirk a while ago, not thinking anything about this poem I posted on the 14th. I posted this, and still today when finalizing her marker, did not realize that we chose the phrase "Forever in our hearts". Then just now looking back on this poem and my eyes pop wide open! I posted this poem b/c I liked it then... but I like it 100 times more today!

 On top of this, we discovered at the cemetery today that the two people buried straight ahead from Kendall had also both passed away on June 6! 

Kendall, Fred and Cynthia all in a row from Kirk to Drew






No comments:

Post a Comment