Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Kirk got his Father's Day gift yesterday with Kendall still physically with us. He only asked for chocolate moon pies, which we gave him on stage at her funeral. He's a wonderful father and husband and I couldn't have made it through this journey without him! Pastor Bob even mentioned Kirk (us and Kendall) as an example today in service, that made both of us smile and tear up. I love you Kirk!

We're all doing well. I'm kind of scared on how well I'm doing... scared that something is going to sneak up on me and I won't expect the emotions. The funeral went off smoothly... considering I've been planning it for quite some time, I probably cried less than most people there b/c I knew what was going to happen. I did practice a bit for my letter... or I might not have gotten through it.

Kirk and I both had a headache Saturday afternoon... we think it might have been a release of pressure of the unknown and now we don't have that anymore. We do have a couple more things to do- finalize marker, send out announcements, put together keepsakes, thank you cards.

But there is a crazy peace. Home is a little strange, basically back to before I was pregnant to begin with, like I skipped a few months and gained a few pounds... but there's a bigger love, more understanding, changed lives that fill the house instead focusing on the missing crib, car seat, tiny diapers, bottles, etc. And I say baby THINGS are missing, not Kendall, b/c she will always be with us. I feel her every time I think of her. Like I have fallen in love with Kristen and Drew, I have fallen in love with Kendall too.

Kristen talks about Kendall pretty often. She made angels in VBS, that she said were Kendall. She has another friend who has lost conjoined twin brothers, that she spoken to in church today. She loved showing her friends around at the visitation on Friday night. We look at pictures, as I go through them and decided which ones I want to print, and Drew remembers a little... looking at pictures of the cemetery taken before Kendall was born, he said "balloon", knowing that is where we were to release the balloons. They are looking forward to going back to Kendall's resting place with more balloons, pictures and flowers.

"We love you Daddy! XOXO" -Kristen, Drew and Kendall (Moon Pies to come every year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment