Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Song In The Car Today

A friend, not on FB, emailed today and I realized that the ones who don't know us on FB only get to read this blog and see our down side.  I probably don't give people the whole perspective on here. We do have happy moments, but I use it as a way to get my venting out. More like a confessional, then I can get over it faster. We have our maternity photo shoot on Saturday that I'm really excited about! And our first ever 3D ultrasound on Thursday, so I'll be posting more pictures soon.
 
"Praise You In This Storm"
I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away


[Chorus:]
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

Added (off topic and on my soap box): Ok, I was reading again and led to share my feeling on songs that talk about raising our hands. Truthfully I don't always like singing them in church, but I love singing them at the same time. I don't think most people really realize what it symbolizes, so they don't feel it inside them to do it... and then when people on stage ask everyone to do it, I feel like it's fake. I was told in our youth group, I think by the singer Joel Engle (came to our church often), that raising our hands obviously was a symbol of reaching out and giving our all to God, sometimes a way to say "thank you". But what feeling does that provoke? Joel said it was something like you're a little kid and your daddy was walking in the door from a long day at work and with both hands raised out, running to Him, you want Him to reach out and to hold you tight. I don't always raise my hands, and half the time it's probably due to insecurities, but I know when I do it actually means something.


No comments:

Post a Comment