Sunday, July 15, 2012

Greater things have yet to come...

It's been two weeks since I've blogged and so I wanted to give a short update. Kristen and Drew have been keeping us busy this Summer and staying up late, so when we actually get time to sit down after everyone is in bed, it's almost time for us to get to bed.

But I think Kendall-wise so much has been going on that it's keeping me busy. Last Friday night I had so much running through my head that I couldn't get to sleep and ended up staying up till 4:30am working on things in the making.

I am still trying to get the book written but a during 4th of July holidays I got an email from my sister-in-law that put a small hold on my progress of writing. I hope she doesn't mind me copying her email... some parts deleted for her privacy.

First, remember from my last entry, " And now I seem to ask myself what I'll do with this new me? I have a sense to help others, but how and when? I am a stay at home mom to little kids still, and that comes first (so I say now, just hope God agrees). I will toy with the idea of putting all this in a book form, but it will take some time. And there's being a Steven Minister at church, maybe in due time. We'll see how things play out."

Stephanie
When I get back from Ecuador [she was on a mission trip] I want to talk with you about an idea God has given to me for a ministry.  I have been praying about ... serving in a ministry....  I know you have also been praying about things as well.  This is an idea about how to minister to families that have a child diagnosed with a birth defect during pregnancy.  I will keep praying because I want to make sure it is from God and not just my idea!  Talk with you more when I am back.
Love
Ashlee

This email to Kirk and I was almost a shocker, but I couldn't wait for her to get back so we could talk! I looked at Kirk and said, "Wonder where God's taking us now!?" Last Sunday we talked about Isaiah's Commission (Is. 6:1-8), and what I took away from the sermon was what I put up on Kendall's FB page, "Here I am. Send me!" Kendall was sent, and if she could do so much with her little life, what could I do to keep that going?

Last Thursday was a stinky day at our house... some emotional, some having to do with the kids constantly screaming. And I was in the bathroom with Drew (beginning stages of potty training) and had a thought. Just a thought, not a specific prayer... "wish something good would happen today, maybe Ashlee would call". That SECOND, the phone rang! Guess who it was... :)

[Leaving out some boring details]  Now it looks like we are on our way to keeping Kendall's legacy alive through a non-profit organization that focuses on spreading Jesus' love, providing keepsakes to families in similar situations and embracing the little lives God has created!

There's a lot of details in there I choose to keep on the hush till we have things up and ready, but this has been what we're up to. [Hehe- excited and scared at the same time. Did I think I a year ago I'd be having a third child (with anen.), writing a book and starting a non-profit?? Three things I know NOTHING about!]

I wanted to share already this for two reasons: 1) like losing weight, telling people keeps me goal driven and makes me want to continue what I'm doing and be excited about it! 2) We still are in need of your continued prayers! This is going to be HUGE!!!!


Greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done!





No comments:

Post a Comment